This monastery is found near the settlement of the Hartata, on the northern side of the mountain Melissa.
Originally established in 16th century, but dissolved and re-established again in 1617 from the devout Katastarians Anthony Marinos and George Sapatis.
In those centurys the monastery met lots of glory.
In 1753, within the garden, there was two churches, seven houses and one tower. At about the middle of the l9th century it also established a rich historic record.
The church had great arts which were saved from the earthquake of 1953, but the monastery now is desolated.
Currently the Revd. Chrystostomos II, Metropolitan of Zakynthos (Zante), is organizing the conservation and restoration of these buildings therefore bringing it to use again. The monastery has 1 monk.